This is another review and I'm excited about this because it's related to skincare. I've been reviewing a lot of skincare lately and the reason is because I am truly passionate about the skin. As I makeup artist healthy skin is something I promote OFTEN. So I was extremely elated when Influenster contacted me to review the new Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream. Mos know that I am an ULTIMATE fan of Aveeno. In fact Aveeno is a brand that I've been using since I was a child. So I have quite a bit of knowledge about their brand itself. But I will keep this review strictly about this product.
If you've been a follower of my blog for over a month then you would know by now that my blogs are very detailed. So I'm here to inform and educated. I want to stress the importance of having a night cream. Night Creams are just as important as your day cream. At night is when you body rejuvenates itself and heals. So the best time to apply your cream is at night when your body is healing itself. Our skin is a living organ so we must take care of it just like we take care everything else because it's extremely fragile.
So first I would like to give a small synopsis about Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream
Disclaimer: This product was sent to me as a complimentary item/product to review and test from +Influenster .
This night cream according to Aveeno is powered by the Active Naturals, Total Soy Complex with vitamin B3, the Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream helps to reduce the appearance of discoloration uneven tone and blotchiness, revealing healthier-looking skin. This oil-free, hydrating formula according to Aveeno will penetrate deep within the skin's surface while you sleep to reveal an even, more radiant complexion.
So this is what aveeno says but what does the ingredients say? Let's see if the ingredients back this product up!
Water, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Behenyl Alcohol, Candelilla/Jojoba/Rice Bran Polyglyceryl 3 Esters, Glyceryl Stearate, Niacinamide, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Chlorphenesin, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium PCA, Urea, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cellulose Gum, Trehalose, Triacetin, Polyquaternium 51, Sodium Hyaluronate
So normally the first 5 ingredients are important so I'm going to do 6 and the rest I will challenge you all to research the rest. It's very important to pay attention to the ingredients in the product because that's what makes up the product and what gives you results whether good or bad.
- So the first ingredient is Water! As we all know water itself is hydrating on it's on. Water is the most natural form of ingredient. It's also a great moisturizer that increases elasticity, and replinishes skin cells and tissue. Water is a form of hydration for the skin.
- Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate is an emollient and skin conditioner.
- Dicapryllyl Carbonate is synthetic fatty acid with lubricating properties derived from plant oils that specifically act as a good emollient and does not leave an oily film on the skin.
- Glycerin is a natural humectant. Glycerin acts as a natural preserving agent. It re-moisturizes and lubricates the skin, promotes skin softness and smoothness. Comes from various of plants.
- Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract is an amino acid-rich extract that helps smooth, aids in wound healing, stimulates elastin and collagen synthesis and increases oxygen in tissues.
- Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter is a fat obrained from the seed of Mangigera indica. It conditions the skin. It is refined, bleached and deodorized to obtain a product which meets the requirements for cosmetic applications. It contains high contents of C18:0 and C18:1 fatty acids. Mango Butter is a soft solid at room temperature
"Formulated with ACTIVE NATURALS® Total Soy Complex and vitamin B3, this advanced night cream leaves skin smooth and healthy looking. This oil-free night cream will help keep you looking fresh and luminous."
- Contains great ingredients for dry skin
- Formula includes plant-based antioxidants and cell-communicating niacinamide .
Contains fragrance which could be bad for those with sensitive skin
It says that it is "oil-free" but it contains oil in the ingredients
I took a few photos
So as you can see from the before and after there is an instant difference in the texture of my skin. My skin appears smoother, there is an instant radiance which I believe believe comes from the ingredient Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate because this particular ingredient is used in suncreens which helps give the appearance of radiant skin. The perfume is not an ultimate fav of mines. I'm not use to Aveeno using fragrance of this sort in their products but it's bearable. Would I purchase this again? It's not on the top of my list to get mainly because of the fragrance but if this was the only option and I needed something quick I would purchase it because at least I know it's effective. I would suggest that Aveeno remove the fragrance in this product. Other than that I would give this product an B+.
This product retails at $15.99-16.99 which is not bad for a night cream. You can find it at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Target and etc.
Would I recommend this for others? It all depends on your preference. If you lack moisture and want to improve the clarity of the skin then this is a good product. If you're combination to oily this is still a great product. It says that it's oil-free but based on the ingredients it clearly has oil in it. But oil is not a bad thing because oil cancels out oil. So if you think that just because you are oily you can't use this product you are mistaken because this probably works just as good on combination to oily skin then it does on normal to dry skin. Also if you're not a fan of fragrance and your skin is sensitive this may not be something you would want to purchase. Because some say the fragrance is soothing but in my opinion it's very strong but everyone has their own perspective. So buy at your own risk. :D
Has anyone else tried Aveeno products? What are your thought?!
Follow Hashtag #RadiantWihAVEENO
Also follow Aveeno on Facebook