As the weekend approaches I'm thinking about all the many reasons why I personally enjoy shopping small businesses and see the value in it. Not only that but just imagine how our community would be if we only had larger establishments. It would be overly crowded, everyone would be walking around with the same thing, there would be no uniqueness. In my opinion small businesses add color to a community that is black and white.
What would we do without out coffee shops, nail shops, spas, hair shops, boutique style stores, antique shops, consignment shops gas stations??? These are some of the places we truly depend on and they add just as much value to our lives then larger establishments.
Smaller Businesses are what really stimulate the economy. They have a great impact on our communities .
DID YOU KNOW...
The Small Business Administration (SBA) reported that there are 28 million small businesses operating in the U.S alone and since 1995, those small businesses have generated 66% of all new jobs in the United States.
YUP THAT"S A BIG DEAL!
Bringing us to the nationally recognized holiday. Small Business Saturday, a national holiday held the Saturday after Thanksgiving in the United States that encourages holiday shoppers to support local brick-and-mortar businesses rather that larger box brand store or online stores.
Your support to small businesses mean you are also supporting your town, city, and neighborhood. You're helping in building communities. Small Business pay sales taxes to the city and county the business is located in. When you shop big box stores and big brands online, that money is not benefitting the community at all. PLUS, another thing you should know is that Small Businesses tax money is used within the community to support public schools, parks, roads, and sidewalks, it funds public service workers, like firefighters as well.
Also according to Civic Economics, "on average, 48% of each purchase you make at local independent businesses, it is recirculated locally, compare to less than 14% of purchases at chain stores."
2. SMALL BUSINESSES INCREASES THE ECONOMY
I know this may seem like something that's common sense but many don't consider this when shopping. I don't think it's intentional but some are forgetful or some find it a bit more convenient to go to box stores. But if we take the time out to do the research of how we could better support smaller businesses we would all grow. The more you shop at a local business, the more potential job opportunities you could help them provide. More than half of the U.S jobs since 1995 were created by small businesses and according to SBA, since 1990 big businesses eliminated 4 million jobs, while small business added 8 million jobs. And we all know this to be true. And this is why our support is more than important.
3. SMALL BUSINESSES PROVIDE A MORE CUSTOMIZED & BETTER EXPERIENCE
I can't always say that small business have better customer service however I can say you get more of that personal unique touch, hands-on and memorable experience.
4. SMALL BUSINESSES PROVIDE GREATER PRODUCT DIVERSITY
Smaller businesses have a greater access to vendors who determines pricing unlike box stores. And another thing about smaller businesses is if they don't have something you're looking for if you ask them they would more willingly order what you need your customize your needs.
5. SMALL BUSINESSES IS ALL ABOUT COMMUNITY
One thing I love about small businesses is the connection I build with them. There is a sense of community and it's easier to create a business relationship with smaller businesses. Unlike big box stores it's likely that you will know the owner of your neighborhood small business. And according to a Trulia who conducted a study , and also noted in Forbes, the second most popular desire amongst urbanites is a stronger sense of community - number one being more local restaurants.
6. YOU'RE GOING TO FEEL GREAT LEAVING OUT.
Here is the reason why you're going to feel amazing:
1. Just imagine the difference between a burger from Jack in The Box vs a Burger from your local restaurant. The burger from Jack in the Box will be generic, with no taste, and made the same way for all. But the local restaurant burger will have a twist and edge to it. And also it will be customized with love for you. Who wouldn't feel great about that?
2. You're going to feel amazing because you are supporting your local community business not just on one day but throughout the year. You are overall growing the community and making possible for small businesses to create more value and grow.
So how to get more involved within your community???
- Instead of doing the easy thing by going to big box store brands. Take the time out to find alternatives within your community and support them. You make a difference and they do to.
- Become the voice of advertisement on social media and spread the word. Don't be stingy with your voice if it creates value and more opportunities for your community. Also I believe there is power in numbers! Post pictures, tweets, and status updates of the small business you either own or you support using appropriate hashtags such as #ShopSmall. Encourage others to do as you do and educate them. And write valuable reviews on sites like YELP, Facebook, and more. Because many don't know the potential in our support.
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SMALL BUSINESS!!!
I am a heavy supporter of small businesses and I support for all of the reasons above! Here some of my favorites who are having some great deals this weekend that you don't want to miss out on!
The Ultimate Dressing Room
Holyghost Girl Boutique
The Sugared Pear Boutique
25%-75% off In-Store
3532 E. Broadway St.,
Pearland, Texas 77581
FREE GIVEAWAY In-Store!!!
BEAUTY & PHOTOGRAPHY
Where beauty & style is everything!
Virtuous Cosmetics LLC
$10 Black Friday Sale
Inbox her on facebook the shade of your choice you would like and they will be mailed to you the next business day!!!
Mary Kay, Independent Sales Director
Kathy Hess Duncan
Fushion Of Color
FREE SHIPPING & Bundle Sets
Makeup That is Natural, Vegan Free, Gluten Free.
For Discount Use Code: Faith
Krystal Burrell Armstrong
Luxury Natural Skin Care
Release your inner makeup artist with
Email | email@example.com
call for bookings | 832.892.2108
Nina R Gross
Love Lust Good
Use code SHOPLLF to receive 20% off ANY purchase over $10.
Yolanda Lamar Wilder
LAMAR BUSINESS CONSULTING SERVICES LLC
Assisting setting up new and startup businesses globally